Aims of the Independent Network
We aim to:
- create a sense of cohesion and identity for Independent candidates using the IN brand
- establish national credibility for independent candidates - enabling the electorate to vote independent with greater confidence that an Independent vote is a vote for a more representative government.
- provide support to independent candidates. Many independents do not have access to the same scale of resources of a national political party.
- provide a forum of discussion, experience and advice for independent candidates. Candidates can use the network to share knowledge and work cooperatively in the best interests of the electorate.
- provide guidance and resources for independent candidates that will enable them to be elected at local, regional, national and European elections.
- promote a fairer system in which independents can compete with political parties.
- promote independent politics and encourage the electorate to acknowledge the success and influence independents are having in local government and Parliament.